Our vision is to deliver the world’s best color to consumers across the globe, and QD Vision is the industry leader in developing quantum dot solutions that deliver environmental benefits and energy efficiency.
We are committed to the sustainment and preservation of our environment. By following the principles of responsible development, our solutions reduce or eliminate the use of a variety of heavy metal materials from the environment, making the world cleaner and safer.
Our Color IQ solution, using quantum dots based on cadmium selenide, creates a net reduction in the amount of elemental (or “free”) cadmium in the environment, while also delivering more energy efficiency than any other color gamut technology available today for LED solutions.
In 2014, QD Vision received the prestigious Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Award from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for our ‘green chemistry’ approach to quantum dot technology. In addition, we have received the following accolades:
- Awarded the Emerging Clean Energy Company of the Year by the Massachusetts Clean Energy Council
- Named an AlwaysOn GoingGreen 50 winner
- Received the Wall Street Journal’s 2009 Technology Innovation Award
- Addressed the President’s Council of Advisors on Science and Technology
- Seth Coe-Sullivan, co-founder and CTO Emeritus, was a member of the National Research Council Committee that developed a research strategy for the environmental, health and safety aspects of engineered nanomaterials.